Thursday 28 April 2011

27" iMac 2010 Model vs Quad Core Hackintosh Geekbench Scores

Geekbench Scores
Yesterday I posted how to turn your old G5 Case and some carefully selected components into a fully functional mac pro imitation running the latest version of osx. This got me thinking, I wonder how it compares to my 27" 2010 i3 3.2ghz iMac with 8gb of ram?


I decided to fire up good old Geekbench and here are the scores:


My Genuine 27" 2010 iMac scored:


My 2.66ghz Hackintosh Running on a gigabyte g31m-es2l motheboard with an quad core intel 2.66 (q8400) and 4gb of ram scored:
I was then curious to see how the same setup as above with just a dual core processor installed would perform, so I put an intel core 2 duo into the machine and ran geekbench again, heres how it scored:
Conclusion
27"iMac vs Hackintosh
The geekbench results show negligible difference between my 27" iMac and my quad core hackintosh, with the dual core chip running a fair bit behind, so if you were interested in building your own hackintosh using the components I did, this should give you a good indication of the performance to expect.

Upon googling sandy bridge Hackintosh I did notice this geekbench result for a hackintosh running one of the new intel i5 processors:
I also noticed the following geekbench score after googling sandy bridge Hackintosh for a hackintosh running one of the new intel i7 processors:
Apple have just released sandy bridge support for their new line of macbook pro's which Im predicting will result in a flurry of people in the hackintosh community to begin building their own i7 2600k powered hackintoshs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers